Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!
Love Family, Friends, Camping, Traveling, Crocheting, and way too much to mention here!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Had a great weekend! But now it is Monday.

Yup, had a great weekend and now it's Monday.....
Oh, whoops, sorry, I forgot, when you are retired every day is about the same.  Except on weekends we seem to see more people.

One of those people this weekend was our granddaughter!  We had her all day Saturday!  What a blast!  Here's a memory from that day.  They never had fun things like this when we were kids!  The closest thing to this would have been a garden hose.  She told me this water felt like steam.  Didn't tell her that since the water was ice cold it would be more like a freezing mist.  

And on Mondays I always check out Snowcatcher's blog She has Snowflake Monday, where there is always a new snowflake pattern and the history of mountains that are her inspiration for her snowflakes.  Today she has an added bonus-a snowflake crocheted around a stone.  If you like crocheting snowflakes this is the blog to follow!  


And she also rides for BikeMS which raises funds for those 400,000 of us that have MS.  Any money raised goes toward research, MS programs and help for individuals that have MS and have a special need.  I don't know how she does all she does but I am grateful that she does it. For more information about MS and how you can raise money for this great cause visit National MS website.  From there you can even go to the state you live in and find info specific to that state.


I have crocheted a couple of her snowflakes this past week.  I already shared the flowery one and then there is this one.  As I was taking the picture I noticed without being shaped and stiffened it looks kind of like a turtle.  I may have to get the green thread out and crochet this around a rock.  I'll share it here if I do.

 And then a snowflake I found and crocheted from a book named,  99 Snowflakes (1998 Leisure Arts)  Believe me it will look a lot better after it is shaped and stiffened.














And then I came across this pic of a snowflake decoration that is so cute but no pattern to be found.  Anyone know where I might find it?  I'm thinking I need to make it and would like to credit the originator.














I should be pretty busy today with Snowcatcher's new snowflake, making a turtle-snowflake around a rock and putting the snowflake decoration on hold until I can find the original with a pattern.

Have a great day!  It is supposed to hit 100 again here in MI!  What a summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment